Near and dear to my heart:
- Douglas Bradford plays some amazing jazz guitar.
- Sweet Rickey – the other half of my brain, on the other side of the country. Best friends for over fifteen years.
All Around Awesomeness (triple A rated):
- Dooce is the O.G. of internet blogging. She’s funny, she’s thoughtful, and apparently she’s very polarizing. (I enjoy her and think we should be best friends.)
- Post Secret is something you just have to see for yourself.
- Reasoning With Vampires deconstructs the Twilight Series. It’s painful, but I can’t look away.
Feminism and Social Issues:
- Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood tackles the effects of commercialism and marketing on children.
- Sociological Images addresses the (often otherwise unnoticed) impact of images on society.
Parenting and parenting issues:
- Free Range Kids – she let her 9 year old ride the NYC subway by himself. I aspire to be this good at parenting my son.